Dr. Lauren McLoughlin grew up in Brooklyn, NY and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1992 magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree. After graduating from SUNY College of Optometry in 1997, Dr. McLoughlin completed her residency in ocular disease and primary care at the VA Medical Center in Wilmington, Delaware in 1998.
Dr. McLoughlin has been with Eyesight for over 16 years and specializes not only in ocular surface wellness, but also in routine eyecare, glaucoma, and pre/post-operative refractive surgery at our sister company, Clear Advantage Vision Correction Center.
Dr. McLoughlin received specialized training at Dry Eye University for the care and treatment of ocular surface disease and dry eye management. She is also served as a clinical investigator for many dry eye studies and is also a subject matter expert, speaker and author for various dry eye organizations such including Johnson & Johnson, Sight Science and Dompé. She uses only the most advanced technology and therapeutic methods available for the management of dry eyes. As opposed to traditional dry eye clinics, Dr. Mcloughlin uses a “personalized” approach to treatment. Dry eye is a complex and multifactorial condition that requires not only treating the disease, but remedying the underlying factors causing the condition.
Dr. McLoughlin provides Dry Eye treatments at our Somersworth office.
Dr. McLoughlin also specializes in pre-operative and post-operative refractive care at Eyesight’s sister company, Clear Advantage Vision Correction Center. Her refractive experience includes pre and post-operative care for LASIK, PRK, Bladefree LASIK, and Visian ICL (Implantable Collamer Lens). Dr. McLoughlin has also practiced in a variety of optometric and ophthalmic settings and has owned two optometric practices in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
Dr. McLoughlin lives in Durham, NH with her husband and two children.
- B.S. Psychology, Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, N.Y. – Magna Cum Laude
- OD, SUNY College of Optometry, New York, NY
- Residency – Wilmington VA Medical Center, Wilmington, DE
- New Hampshire Optometric Association
- License in Optometry – New Hampshire
- Formerly licensed in Optometry in Massachusetts and New York
- Board Certified with American Board of Optometry since 2013
- American Optometric Association
- ARBO – COPE Course Instructor and Administrator
- Affiliated Clinical Professor of Optometry – Southern College of Optometry, New England College of Optometry and Salus University
- Speaker for Vistakon; Contact Lenses
- Jennifer Ling, MD
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- N. Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Kinley Beck, M.D.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Renee Lynch, O.D.
- Hilary A. Hamer, O.D.
- Dwight Arvidson, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices