Dr. Lauren McLoughlin grew up in Brooklyn, NY and graduated from Brooklyn College in 1992 magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree. After graduating from SUNY College of Optometry in 1997, Dr. McLoughlin completed her residency in ocular disease and primary care at the VA Medical Center in Wilmington, Delaware in 1998.
Dr.’s McLoughlin, Turner and Theroux received specialized training at Dry Eye University for the care and treatment of ocular surface disease and dry eye management. All 3 of our doctors are using the most advanced technology and therapeutic methods available for the management of dry eyes. Our doctors use a “personalized” approach to treatment and understand that dry eye disease is a complex and multifactorial condition that requires not only treating the disease, but remedying the underlying factors causing the condition. Dr. McLoughlin provides Dry Eye treatments at our Somersworth office.
Dr. McLoughlin also specializes in pre-operative and post-operative refractive care at Eyesight’s sister company, Clear Advantage Vision Correction Center (www.ClearAdvantageLaser.com). Her refractive experience includes pre and post-operative care for LASIK, PRK, Bladefree LASIK, and Visian ICL (Implantable Collamer Lens). Dr. McLoughlin has also practiced in a variety of optometric and ophthalmic settings and has owned two optometric practices in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
Dr. McLoughlin lives in Durham, NH with her husband and two children.
- B.S. Psychology, Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, N.Y. – Magna Cum Laude
- OD, SUNY College of Optometry, New York, NY
- Residency – Wilmington VA Medical Center, Wilmington, DE
- New Hampshire Optometric Association
- License in Optometry – New Hampshire
- Formerly licensed in Optometry in Massachusetts and New York
- Board Certified with American Board of Optometry since 2013
- American Optometric Association
- ARBO – COPE Course Instructor and Administrator
- Affiliated Clinical Professor of Optometry – Southern College of Optometry, New England College of Optometry and Salus University
- Speaker for Vistakon; Contact Lenses
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- N. Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Shilpa Desai, M.D.
- Kinley Beck, M.D.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Renee Theroux Lynch, O.D.
- Monisha Rajinikanth, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices