Dr. Kinley Beck was raised in Montgomery, AL. She attended Auburn University where she graduated summa cum laude in biomedical sciences with a minor in business. She earned her medical doctorate from the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine where she obtained honors in medicine, surgery, pediatrics and psychiatry clerkships. She then left the state of Alabama for her internship in preliminary medicine in Columbus, OH and was awarded preliminary medicine intern of the year. Ophthalmology residency and retina fellowship were completed in San Antonio, TX.
Dr. Beck specializes in retina and vitreoretinal surgical procedures. She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Retina Specialists, and Texas Ophthalmological Association, to name a few.
In her “spare” time, she’s an exercise enthusiast who enjoys tennis, hiking, and running half-marathons and ultra-marathons. She also enjoys reading and is a huge University of Alabama football fan. Roll Tide!
- BS, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- MD, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Internship: Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Residency: University of Texas Health San Antonio, San Antonio,TX
- Fellowships: Vitreoretinal Foundation in Memphis, TN and University of Texas HealthSan Antonio, San Antonio,TX
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- N. Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Shilpa Desai, M.D.
- Kinley Beck, M.D.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Renee Theroux Lynch, O.D.
- Monisha Rajinikanth, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices