Dr. Janet Rand graduated as the valedictorian from the New England College of Optometry in 1998. She then completed a cornea/contact lens residency in 1999 where she did rotations at the Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Boston Foundation for Sight and Cornea Consultants. She also worked with Cornea Consultants from 200-2006 as a contact lens specialist.
Dr. Rand joined Eyesight in May, 2005. She practiced at a cornea specialty practice in Boston for 6 years before joining Eyesight and enjoys her specialty in contact lenses-including cornea and external disease as well as complicated contact lens fits.
Dr. Rand takes a holistic approach in the prevention of eye disease, and is devoted to finding the vision correction option that best fits each individual lifestyle. Dr. Rand is a contact lens specialist for hard to fit contact lenses including medical contact lenses and scleral lenses for corneal transplants and keratoconus.
Dr. Rand resides in Massachusetts with her two children and two black labs. In her leisure time she enjoys windsurfing and hiking.
- BS Psychology, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, MA
- OD, The New England College of Optometry – Valedictorian
- Residencies: The New England College of Optometry – Cornea and Contact Lenses. Rotations at Cornea Consultants, MA; Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, MA; Boston Foundation for Sight, Manchester VA Hospital, NH
- Affiliated Clinical Professor of Optometry
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- N. Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Shilpa Desai, M.D.
- Kinley Beck, M.D.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Renee Theroux, O.D.
- Monisha Rajinikanth, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices