Dr. Hamer provides primary eye care to patients for the Somersworth office. She joined Eyesight from the Lowell Community Health Center in Massachusetts where she cared for a diverse patient group in a multidisciplinary setting. She returns to her home state of NH after studying and working in the Boston area for several years and maintains an ongoing interest in research and STEM education.
In 2019, Dr. Hamer completed the requirements for Fellowship in the American Academy of Optometry and remains an active member of both the Academy and American Optometric Association.
- Doctor of Optometry, Salutatorian, Master of Vision Science, New England College of Optometry, Boston, MA.
- Master of Arts in Chemistry & Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Summa Cum Laude, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Summa Cum Laude Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.
- Optometrist, Lowell Community Health Center, Lowell, MA. 2018-2020
- Senior Chemistry Editor, MCAT Product, Firecracker, Inc. 2012-2014
- Teaching Fellow & Academic Tutor, Harvard Summer School and Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. 2012-2013
Honors & Awards:
- James F. Riley, OD Scholarship, Alumni Association Scholarship. 2016
- Beta Sigma Kappa (BSK) Student Research Grant. 2015
- Fund for Excellence Scholarship. 2013
- Roland Walker Prize, William Pitt Mason Prize, Merck Index Award. 2011
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- N. Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Kinley Beck, M.D.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Renee Lynch, O.D.
- Monisha Rajinikanth, O.D.
- Hilary A. Hamer, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices