Dr. Monisha Rajinikanth is an optometrist specialized in ocular disease and primary eye care. Born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, “Dr. Monisha” fell in love with working with children after completing rotations at Perkins School for the Blind. The New England Eye Low Vision Clinic at Perkins offers support and training for optimal use of functional vision and is focused on each patient’s individual needs based on their visual, physical and/or cognitive disabilities. At Perkins, Dr. Monisha offered “modified” comprehensive eye exams, functional eye exams, and visual field exams for the pediatric population. These types of exams are needed for children who have multiple impairments and/or communication/behavioral issues that make it difficult to receive a typical routine eye exam. Dr. Monisha’s exams provided more information about the functional use of vision particularly if “blind” or “untestable” is the only description of visual ability listed.
Dr. Monisha is looking forward to working with both the adult and pediatric population at Eyesight Ophthalmic Services through their Portsmouth and Somersworth New Hampshire offices.
- BA, Brandeis University, Waltham MA
- OD, New England College of Optometry (NECO), Boston MA
- Residency, VA Medical, Bedford MA, Ocular Disease
- License in Optometry, NH and MA
- American Optometric Association
Honors and Awards:
- Humanitarian VOSH-ONE, Nicaragua
- Eye exams, diagnosis and managing ocular conditions, evaluate and observe cataract and strabismus surgery
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- N. Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Kinley Beck, M.D.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Renee Lynch, O.D.
- Monisha Rajinikanth, O.D.
- Hilary A. Hamer, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices