Dr. Peters is a fellowship trained cornea specialist and one of the most experienced LASIK surgeons in New England, having performed over 18,000 LASIK procedures. Because of his broad experience, Dr. Peters has been selected to be a clinical trainer and proctor for other refractive surgeons, nationwide. Dr. Peters also specializes in premium cataract surgery and performed the first Crystalens implant in the state of New Hampshire.
Dr. Goldblatt and Dr. N. Timothy Peters were one of the first surgeons in New England to perform Glaukos iStent surgery on glaucoma patients during cataract procedures. For patients with combined cataract and open-angle glaucoma, iStent reduces intraocular pressure (IOP) by improving aqueous humor outflow. Inserted through a 1.5-mm corneal incision, iStent is the only FDA-approved device for the treatment of mild to moderate open-angle glaucoma.
For the past nine years, Dr. Peters has been a principle investigator for numerous ophthalmic and refractive clinical research trials of all phases to help assist in the research and delivery of new ocular therapies and ocular devices.
Dr. Peters was born in St. Louis, Missouri. He graduated with honors from the University of California at Davis, and graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in 1995. His extensive post-graduate training includes an internship at the University of Hawaii and residency training at the University of California at Irvine. Dr. Peters also trained at the renowned Gimbel Eye Centre in Calgary, Alberta, completing his fellowship in Refractive and Anterior Segment Surgery.
Having published multiple articles in peer-reviewed journals, Dr. Peters has also authored and/or edited multiple textbooks on LASIK and wavefront LASIK technology. In addition to providing general ophthalmic care, Dr. Peters is also the medical director and surgeon at Eyesight’s sister company Clear Advantage Vision Correction Center. In 2011 Dr. Peters and Clear Advantage received recognition as a Specialized Astigmatism Center from Technolas Perfect Vision.
Dr. Peters continues to teach and lecture for other eye surgeons at the annual National Meetings. His hobbies include ice climbing, soccer and mountain biking.
- BS, University of California at Davis
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine
- Internship, University of Hawaii
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of California at Irvine
- Fellowship, Gimbel Eye Centre, Calgary, Alberta
- Board Certified, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- NH Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Richard Chace, M.D.
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Susan Haskell, O.D., F.A.A.O.
- Michelle L. McLaughlin, O.D.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices