Richard Chace, MD founded Eyesight in Portsmouth, N.H. in 1983. Since that time he has been instrumental in growing the practice to meet the eye care needs of over 170,000 patients in more than 50 communities in New Hampshire, southern Maine and northern Massachusetts.
For the last 13 years Dr. Chace has been actively involved in clinical research as a principal investigator in over 90 clinical research trials for all areas of ophthalmic diseases and conditions. Dr. Chace is also one of the area’s leading Macular Degeneration specialists, treating patients with the most advanced treatment options available.
Dr. Chace resides in Hampton Falls, NH with his wife and two Black Labs. In his free time he enjoys woodworking, bird hunting, skiing, cycling and traveling to watch his son play sledge hockey in the Paralympics.
- BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MD, Brown University
- Internship: Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton Lower Falls, MA
- Residency: New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology, Tufts- New England Eye Center, Boston, MA. Retina attending, Boston VA Medical Center
- Ophthalmic Pathology Course, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Bethesda, MD
- Board Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- NH Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Diplomate of National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Human Participants Protection Education for Research Teams
- Good Clinical Practices
- Monisha Rajinkanth, O.D.
- Renee Theroux, O.D.
- Richard Chace, M.D.
- Shilpa Desai, M.D.
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- N. Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Paul J. Rychwalski, M.D.
- Susan Haskell, O.D., F.A.A.O.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices