Richard Chace, MD founded Eyesight in Portsmouth, N.H. in 1983. Since that time he has been instrumental in growing the practice to meet the eye care needs of over 170,000 patients in more than 50 communities in New Hampshire, southern Maine and northern Massachusetts.
For the last eleven years Dr. Chace has been actively involved in clinical research as a principal investigator in 68 clinical research trials for all areas of ophthalmic diseases and conditions. Dr. Chace is also one of the area’s leading Macular Degeneration specialist, treating patients with the most advanced treatment options available.
Dr. Chace resides in Hampton Falls, NH with his wife and two Black Labs. In his free time he enjoys woodworking, bird hunting, skiing, cycling and traveling to watch his son play sledge hockey in the Paralympics.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, SB
- Brown University (Medical School), MD
- Internship, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton Lower Falls, Massachusetts
- Residency in Ophthalmology, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Lancaster Course in Ophthalmology, Colby College, Waterville, Maine
- Ophthalmic Pathology Course, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC
- Holmium Laser Course, Boston, Massachusetts
- Refractive Surgery Course, Boston, Massachusetts
- Tufts University School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology, Boston, Massachusetts
- Board Certified, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- NH Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Diplomat of National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Human Participants Protection Education for Research Teams
- Good Clinical Practices
- Richard Chace, M.D.
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Susan Haskell, O.D., F.A.A.O.
- Michelle L. McLaughlin, O.D.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices