Dr. Kavanagh is a fellowship trained specialist in Oculoplastic Surgery. She enjoys the diversity of her subspecialty which includes cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, eyebrows, and midface, as well as treatment of tearing problems, thyroid disease, eyelid and orbital tumors and facial trauma.
Since completion of Ophthalmology training in 2005, she was accepted to one of the few fellowships recognized by the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive surgery. This organization recognizes less than 15 physicians nationwide each year for training in this highly specialized field. She spent an additional two years training as a specialist in Oculoplastic Surgery, and during this time period, she participated in over 3,000 procedures.
She has published numerous articles and contributed to a number of chapters in ophthalmic textbooks. She was previously on faculty at Ohio State University and UCSF where she was nominated for several teaching awards and received the Kimura Award for excellence in resident teaching.
In her leisure time, Dr. Kavanagh enjoys hiking, skiing, playing the piano, and spending time with her family.
- BA, University of Pennsylvania
- MD, Harvard Medical School, Fulbright Scholarship
- Internship, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge Hospital
- Residency, University of California at San Francisco (UCSF)
- Fellowship, Ophthalmic Surgeons and Consultants of Ohio
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certified, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- NH Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Richard Chace, M.D.
- Lucian Szmyd, Jr., M.D.
- Warren S. Goldblatt, M.D.
- Timothy Peters, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Marsha C. Kavanagh, M.D.
- Timothy W. Sullivan, M.D.
- Andre Witkin, M.D.
- Claudia Bartolini, M.D.
- Susan Haskell, O.D., F.A.A.O.
- Michelle L. McLaughlin, O.D.
- Christopher J. Turner, O.D.
- Lauren K. McLoughlin, O.D.
- Janet Rand, O.D.
- Former Doctors
- Acquired Practices